San Francisco of the South?

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Just another day in the snow?

With record cold hitting Texas over the past week, I was "fortunate" enough to witness Dallas in the snow a few days ago.

I was on a trip organized by the Career Center to visit several consulting companies in Dallas. One of the companies cancelled their event on Thursday evening due to weather. I also got a call from the trip leader, making sure that I was ok since the roads were supposed to be really bad and getting worse.

When I got to Dallas, the scene was almost comical. Sure, there was about 1/4" - 1/2" of snow "accumulated" on the side of the road and there were some slick spots, but the roads were nowhere near as bad as the news made it out to be. The best part was the traffic jams caused by drivers going 5mph on the overpasses. In addition, the roads were salted and sanded pretty thick.

I guess if you're not used to driving in inclement weather, it's better to be safe than sorry. But it was interesting to see a large city succumb to the forces of mother nature.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home