San Francisco of the South?

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Planning the route...

So, our timetable to make the drive to Austin has changed a little bit. Originally, we had wanted to take our time and take a week to a week and a half, navigating our way slowly to Austin. Unfortunately, my girlfriend needs to fly out on June 6 to go to a national training session for work. Now our timetable has been shortened from a leisurely 7-10 day journey to a much less relaxed 5 day journey. Now, driving from San Francisco to Austin in 5 days is not exactly "Ludicrous Speed," but it does force us to pick and choose what we want to see and do in those 5 days.

So far, we've mapped ourselves as far as Las Vegas. Yes, I know it is only about 9 hours away, but that really is how my mind works. I figure we can leave early on the morning of August 1 and get into Las Vegas at a decent time. What we could do is go out to dinner and call it a night relatively early. What will most likely end up happening is that we'll go get dinner, then hit the tables for a couple hours. Ok, in all reality, we will probably be at the tables until the sun comes up. (I knew I found my soulmate when I discovered that she likes to play blackjack as much as I do!) Thank God for late check out.

I'll probably want to grab a burger at In-n-Out prior to departing Las Vegas, as that may be the last Double Double Animal Style with well done fries and a neopolitan shake I have for quite a while.

Any suggestions past Vegas are greatly appreciated.

(BTW, If I don't show up at Orientation, we may have never made it past Las Vegas. UNLV has a business school, right?)

1 Comments:

  • Stay away from Tucson, it sucks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home