San Francisco of the South?

Monday, April 02, 2007

Welcome Prospectives

It seems odd to me that it was just a year ago that I was in Austin for Preview Weekend, checking out the program, the people and the environs that I would end up calling home for the next couple of years. Looking back, I'm glad I made the choice I did as I have had the most amazing time at McCombs.

This weekend, McCombs opened its doors and welcomed admitted students to come visit with us and understand what it is that makes McCombs unique, and in my mind, one of the best business schools in the nation. I had the opportunity to meet with many of the students that have already decided that they will be calling Austin home as well as those that were in the same situation as I was and deciding between schools.

Most of my interaction with the prospective students was in a social setting, which in reality, is the way that I would prefer to meet them. I believe that what separates the top twenty business schools in the nation is not the academics (No surprise as we all learn from the same books and cases) but the people that you meet along the way. McCombs attracts and retains quite a unique individual in that I think of the typical student at McCombs as industrious, friendly and open minded. More generally, they are the people that you would want on your team.

Now, it's back to homework and studying. I can't believe finals are coming up in a couple weeks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home