San Francisco of the South?

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Lonestar State

Everybody is proud of where they are from. I'm proud to be a San Franciscan. One of my friends claims Philly. (Even though he is from Wilmington, DE.) And then there are those folks from Bawston. (JFH, this one's for you.) Don't even think about getting them started about the Patriots and the Red Sox. Every conversation ends with, "Well, what would Tom Brady do?" Or, better yet, "Teddy Bruschi, he's my hero."

One of my friends who is from Boston, she actually won't date someone unless they:
1. Can ski as well as she can
2. Have an "appreciation" for all that has to do with the greatness of the New England Patriots and Boston Red Sox
3. Have watched "Faith Rewarded" at least once

But nobody really has the same amount of hometown pride as those from Texas. (I guess it would really be homestate pride.) Ah, the Lonestar State. I came to this realization while looking at homes a couple weeks back. At first I just found it odd that every home had at least one Star of Texas. Sometimes it was over the mantel. Othertimes, it was done with tile work in the foyer. You really couldn't escape it. I knew that they had gone overboard when we were walking up to a nice home, and I could already see that the glass in the front door was in the shape of a star. But nay, I was wrong. I looked down, only to find that the stone steps leading up to the house...were in the shape of the state of Texas.

Yee-Haw!

3 Comments:

  • You DO know that just by moving to Texas you're not going to escape Bostonians....I'm tried and true, my Red Sox and Pats can't be beat. Then again you could throw San Fran out there...Barry who?

    By Blogger ..., at 6:07 PM  

  • You're from Texas...I'm from Texas?!?!

    Yes, I absolutely have state pride...I have a star in my house in San Francisco, as well as a ornamental boot (it's small) AND a picture of a texas flag!

    I would LOVE to have a texas shaped stepping stone in my front yard...if I had a front yard.

    T minus one month and no where to live!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 AM  

  • Bet365.com is accepting wagetrs on how many times Dale is mistaken for Yao Ming in the 1st 3 weeks of school

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home