San Francisco of the South?

Monday, August 14, 2006

Zen and the Art of Living Out of a Standard Roll Aboard for More Than Two Weeks

The past two weeks have been pretty exciting. I packed up my home in San Francisco and touched five states before landing in Austin. I've also undergone some pretty variable weather, from cool, temperate living in San Francisco, to dry heat in Arizona, to thunderstorms in New Mexico and finally, my favorite, sweltering heat that makes Hades look like Ka'anapali beach with free Evian mister bottles and Hawaiian Tropic Bikini Team fanning all comers with palm fronds.

What is even more amazing, in my opinion, is that I have been able to live out of a standard 9" x 14" x 22" roll aboard suitcase. In this bag, I have strategically packed enough clothing for me to attend orientation, social events, formal events, and networking events, while dressed appropriately for the occasion. I haven't lived like this since I backpacked through Europe for months on end with little more than a backpack full of my closest belongings. The key is to avoid seeing people too many times. Otherwise, will think that either I really love my green short sleeved button up shirt, or that I have nothing else to wear. And then the jig is up.

One thing that I did fail to pack in my beloved suitcase, however, is a standard black belt. I don't know where it is. I don't know where it went. I guess I will just have to break down and go to the store and buy one.

15 days down, 8 more to go.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home